Insta-mums are hot topic at the moment, they are everywhere and their lifestyles/ opinions/ images etc are highly debated through social media. Some critics say they’re over seeing “perfect lives” and ‘pretty pictures” of an Insta-mums day to day life.. the ones with the fabulously dressed kids, happy family snaps and spotless homes. They never have a hair out of place and parenting looks like a walk in the park. Some people love those “real” Insta-mums with their posts of the dishes full to the brim in the sink, and the kids still in their PJ’s at 2PM. They eat lollies for breakfast and treat their Instagram like an open diary.
Instagram is a reel of well thought out captions, images and hash tags. Regardless of what anyone else says, none of it is “real life” Whatever your personal preference, there is no doubt that you will connect with mothers all over Instagram who are similar to you, and you may even make a few life long friends. Hashtag #instamum and start exploring !
Below I have listed my top 8 Insta Mums and what makes them follow worthy in my eyes. Who else would you recommend following? xo
- @sophiathewild – An independent mama who shares her love of the outdoors, beautiful images of her little girl and drool worthy photos of clean treats. Her captions are thought provoking and always worthy of reading. Possibly my favourite Insta mum of them all, this lady is all heart and soul.
- @fromlondontobrooklyn– If you’re looking for décor and outfit inspo for boys, this is the perfect mama to follow! She has a classic, original style that shows through her posts and has an amazing eye for detail. She also shares DIY projects that are pinterest worthy and has the cutest 3 little boys who are always styled to perfection.
- @allymking– Photographer/ Model/ Mother. This mama has exceptional talent, her fashion is always on trend and she always shares the most magical shots of Rarotonga. Another new favourite on my newsfeed.
- @rockyandruby– A refreshingly candid and hilarious mama who shares photos of her two little babes and their everyday lives. She has loads of tips and tricks for any parenting situation and can lighten the mood on any parenting woes. Definitely one to follow if you need a laugh.
- @babyboheme– Another mama I love to follow for boys #fashioninspo. Her Instagram is filled with snaps of her two babes and family, and I love the boho vibe to her posts. Not just a pretty picture, this account also shares some heart warming captions that would make any mama feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- @theleostyle– This lovely lady oozes elegance and sass. I love following her to see photos of her super cute fam, and also her amazing work as a makeup artist! One talented mama who’s Instagram feed has been a long time inspiration of mine.
- @casarahmarychapman– A new mama on the scene who shares endless snaps of her gorgeous wee girl. Her adorable outfits make me clucky for another, and her smile is infectious. I love that her milestones are shared on her blog, these are always precious to a parent and remind me of my own precious moments with my daughter.
- @withthewhittakers– Another creative mama who shares endless snaps of her two babes, their day to day life and let’s not forget the cute little tag #whatsyababewearing. She also creates some super unique DIY projects and supports a tonne of local stockists. I love anything different and anything handmade, this is always my go to account for finding those special items that just can’t be found in stores.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and found a few new mums to follow/ connect with. Keep being amazing ladies! xo