If you’ve seen my Instagram account, you would know that I LOVE supporting small businesses! I love the personal touch that they give to each product and its packaging. I also love that I can message back and forth with any questions I have. I like to know what I’m buying, and sometimes I like something a little different to what everyone else might have. Small businesses provide excellent customer service and create some amazing products that cant be found in store. Most small businesses are hard working mothers, taking time out of their lives to create beautiful hand made items. You know where the product has come from, and you know who has made it. There’s just something special about buying small compared to going into a shop and buying something that you don’t know much about.
When it comes to kids clothes, I am fussy ( especially when it comes to buying for my son.. no thankyou crazy colours and unflattering prints!) . I’m always looking for something a bit different, something that is affordable and well made. I want clothing that is child friendly and will last longer than a few weeks without going out of shape, fading or ripping etc. Below I will list our top 6 small clothing businesses and what we love about them.
- Goblin Baby Wear : I absolutely love the simple, comfortable clothing that this lady creates. I’m a huge fan of the grey marle and stripes, and I’m also loving the new blush collection that is available. Goblin Babywear was one of the first small business that I ordered from when my son was born, and recently I had a custom order made for the kids. I’m one of those mums that likes her kids to match sometimes 🙊
- Gypsy Pirate: If you’re looking for super cool threads for the whole family, Gypsy Pirate have what you need. We have a few items from here and love their originality! My daughter and I have matching “Gypsy’ and “Wee Gypsy” tanks, and she has named her little play café “Wee Gypsy” because she loves it so much.
- Lawson NZ: My favourite pick for boys clothing! They create modern, edgy clothing and also cater for girls as well. I love that their tights and pants are designed with extra length, meaning that they will last a lot longer than your average pair of pants.. and that’s always a bonus when you have kids.
- Amelia Lee: Beautifully made, vintage items with modern flair. This is a fairly new favourite clothing boutique of mine and I will definitely remain a customer for as long as possible. I recently received a custom made dress for my daughter and it is stunning! I have my eye on the bloomers in the upcoming re stock on the 10th of April.
- Blush Baby Boutique : Another favourite for modernised, vintage pieces. I love everything this lady creates. The quality of her clothing is always amazing, her colour combinations are gorgeous and she creates clothing and accessories for both boys and girls. We have a few favourites already, and many on the wish list!
- Thomas Pie : This lady creates super funky clothing and I love that she offers “knee pads” as an extra for pants, this is great for crawlers and definitely on my list to get. We love the quilted vest that we received in our Little Big Crate order, which you can see here. The rompers are also a favourite of ours, and I have my eye on the black soft cord one!
Each of these small clothing businesses provides high quality items that are built to last. They are comfortable, stylish and made with the child in mind. We have thrashed many of our favourites and they are still in excellent condition.
I hope you enjoyed this blog. Here are some other sites that are also worth checking out! Xx