Ever stuck for ideas on what to make for dinner? Want to make something yummy and nutritious that doesn’t involve spending too much time in the kitchen? This is literally me every time I meal plan for the week. I look on pinterest all the time to find easy dinner ideas that work for my family..and I always lean towards the ones that you can throw in the crockpot/ slow cooker without too much effort.To be honest, I don’t think I could live without my trusty crockpot! I probably use it too much, but the less time I spend preparing dinner.. the better! While I love my crockpot, my partner just hates it .. He says that food just doesn’t taste the same, and after reading a few forums I started to realize that it wasn’t just my man that isn’t a fan..its seems to be most of the male population.
Below are 5 of our favourite crockpot meals.. That the man of the house ACTUALLY likes (and he’s the fussiest eater I know)..Most of these meal hacks are just meat, but I could serve them up every day and the other half would be happy. I like to prep any veges to go with the meal while I’m prepping the meat for the crockpot, and then I do rice in our Tupperware rice cooker (another life saver) if that’s what we’re having. Not only are these meals delicious, they’re also a great way to make meat stretch further and lower the grocery bill.
- Pulled Pork – Super easy to prep. I like to serve this with coconut rice and veges, and then the left overs can be used for sandwiches or buns the next day. If you use a shoulder pork roast you can make enough meat to freeze for at least 2 more dinners and 2 lunches.
- Pulled Beef – Another crowd pleaser, this goes with anything! Whether it’s with veges and rice, potatoes, cous cous etc You name it, Ive tried it. You can use the cheapest cut of beef for this meal as well, and you’ll still get amazing, soft meat.
- Teriyaki Chicken – I use 4 chicken breasts and manage to get 2 dinners ( rice & veges one night, pizzas the next), and 2 man sized lunches out of it!
- Lamb casserole -A winter favourite that can be made using cheap chuck steak.I love making dumplings and adding them into the crockpot as well. Just place tinfoil over the top and pop the lid on half an hour before the meal is ready.
- BBQ and honey drumsticks– A new favourite of ours! The meat falls right of the bone and you actually get a decent amount compared to if you were to bake them.
I hope you enjoyed these recipes! Comment below with any other crockpot meals or hacks that you love as well.